Monday 23 August 2010

My Greatest Mistake :- POTMC SUIT

Why do you say its a mistake? 

Well It took me such a hassle to get it and had it for about 6 years, postage alone cost more than the suit on its own, shipped in 4 boxes, like rocking horse shit to get hold off and this arse-hole sold it on 'ebay' and got the poorly sum of £100 for it after a last minute bidder put a bid in within seconds of the auction finishing. It was a sad day for me I can tell you! Has a gear-head when members of other sites like 'gearfetish' see my profile the first thing they ask is..... "What's that suit in your profile, the one with the goldfish bowl on your head?" Alas I have to say "I dont have that one anymore!" Hell of a suit to wear, it was a little too small anyway (he say's with a frown). 

Used by the US Army for rocket fuel installers and has horny to wear, it has its own air filter system and cooling suit under the rubber suit. The charging unit for the batteries was the poorest design where they would only last about 15-20 minutes tops and the filter pack was has heavy has FCUK!!! The only advantage was that it was one hell of a taking point at a party. Other than this I have to admit that I really hated and loved it at the same time. Two years ago I sold it and still people ask about it all of the time, only a lucky few got to experience it! Such is life!

These days I still sell on 'ebay' but have to think long and hard why am I selling what I am selling. There come a time in a 'gear-heads' life in which he/she has to move on and sell their life's laundry!

2 comments: